Do you like the way Gmail or blogs display time information as “x time units ago.” For example, “3 hours ago,” “2 weeks ago” or even “less than a minute ago.” Well, adding this functionality to your blog is actually quite simple to do – it actually uses a built-in WordPress feature to do it.
The WordPress function is known as
human_time_diff(). To use it, you just post a line of code in your WordPress loop:
Posted <?php echo human_time_diff(get_the_time('U'), current_time('timestamp')) . ' ago'; ?>
Now just save your file and you’re done. From now on, your posts will be listed in the “time ago” format for easy readability. This WordPress customization will give you more personalization and informal look. Hope your reader will appreciate it!
DO YOU NEED OUR HELP?Contact our experts, most of the time we assist our readers free of charge.
Those who found this page were searching for:
- wordpress the_time format
- wordpress time_ago
- what is AGO format
- wordpress time ago format
- show time in hours ago format
- today date and time format in wordpress
- time ago wordpress months
- wordpress hours ago time
- relative time wordpress days hours and minutes ago
- time ago function in wordpress change min and hours