Nowadays most of the WordPress themes give you option to show either the full post or the post excerpt in the homepage, front page or archive pages. In case, your theme does not have any option but you want to show the full post, here is a tutorial to display excerpt in WordPress theme.
- First of all, go to
Dashboard > Appearance > Editorand find these following files –
category.php. Your theme may not have one or more files. Don’t panic!
- Now find the following code:
<?php the_content(); ?>
- Replace it with the follow and save the file.
<?php the_excerpt(); ?>
Now you will be able to write custom excerpt for each blog post from the New Post page. However, you may not find any text box to write the excerpt. Again, don’t panic.
On the blog posting page, at the top right corner, you will find
Screen Options, click on the link and tick the
Excerpt option. Now a text box will be visible at the bottom of the post posting page.
Jinnat Ul Hasan
DO YOU NEED OUR HELP?Contact our experts, most of the time we assist our readers free of charge.
Those who found this page were searching for:
- show blog excerpt on wordpress homepage
- excerpt frontpage blogger
- display post excerpts on the front or home page
- wordpress main page post excerpt
- wordpress display post excerpts on the front or homepage
- wordpress admin show excerpt
- How to show " you May also Like " option in blogger
- show full content if not excerpt +wordpress
- excerpts blogger
- post excerpt