In my blogging life, several times I’ve transfered my (and my clients) blogs from one host to another for different reasons. Sometimes I was not happy with my hosting provider’s service, sometimes hosting provider didn’t provide me features (and scripts) I wanted etc. Most of the time, my transfer process finished successfully. Today I wanted to share a list of tasks I performed while transferring my host. This processes ensures smooth transfer, no data loss & less downtime.
- Disable all the plugins, importantly all the caching plugins should be disabled
- Use an FTP application to download all your files from the old host to your computer
- Use phpMyAdmin to backup (export) your MySQL database
- Upload all your files from your computer to the new host
- Create a new MySQL Database on the new host, and import all the tables from your backup
- Change the wp-config.php file with the new user name, password and database name
- Change the DNS of your domain to the nameservers of the new host
- Now you should change the DNS of your domain name, it takes around 24-48 hours for the new DNS to propagate across the Internet.
Once your DNS is activated and site is working properly, you can delete all your files and MySQL database from your old hosting account. Hopefully you will be able to change your hosting without any hiccup.
If you want to change your host or facing difficulties while transferring, feel free to contact us for our help. We are always there for you.
DO YOU NEED OUR HELP?Contact our experts, most of the time we assist our readers free of charge.
Those who found this page were searching for:
- remove leave reply wordpress
- wprockers transfer new host