Every year bloggers should update the Copyright Year at the bottom of their blog. Footer should always indicate the current year. It applies to any online intellectual property. If you have a blog, at the end of every year, you can sign in and change the year in your wordpress theme manually. But if you have several websites, it would be a hectic job. Isn’t it?
Here is the solution to save your valuable time. We can add a piece of PHP code that will be update Copyright Year according to your web server’s System Time.
Usually the Copyright Notice looks like:
Copyright © 2009-2010 WordPress Rockers Blog
We need to change the latest year from that Copyright Notice. To do so, let follow these steps:
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard and go to
Appearance > Editor.
- Now click on
Footer (footer.php)from Templates list. Source code for
footer.phpwill be loaded in the large textbox.
- Search the Copyright Notice in the box, usually you will find it at the very end of the box.
- Depending on the theme, you may find Copyright Notice displayed in different ways. Don’t worry. Just replace the latest year with the following PHP code
- If you are not happy with your existing Copyright Notice, you can remove the notice and replace with the following:
- That’s it. Once you are happy, click
<?php echo date('Y'); ?>
<p>Copyright © 2009-<?php echo date('Y'); ?> [Your Blog Name]</p>
Good luck with the change and if you need help just leave a comment.
DO YOU NEED OUR HELP?Contact our experts, most of the time we assist our readers free of charge.
Those who found this page were searching for:
- footer wordpress copyright dove é?
- wordpress copyright footer html code
- add copyright to wordpress footer
- remove copyright year 2009 worpress
- add copyright in wordpress footer
- updating copyright in wordpress footer
- adding wordpress footer copyright
- wordpress add copyright to footer
- how to put copyright on wordpress
- wordpress footer [year]