Today I received a request from a blogger about how to remove “Proudly powered by WordPress” from Twenty Ten theme. Twenty Ten is the default theme for WordPress 3.0.
Personally I love WordPress and always try to promote it via footer credit links. Instead of removing the link, sometimes I reorganize the footer using more information. However, people has different reasons to remove the credit link. Here is a small tutorial for them.
- Log in to your dashboard and go to
Appearance > Editor.
- Select the
footer.phpfile from Templates column.
- Now find the following piece of code and remove it.
Update Filebutton to save the changes.
<?php printf( __('Proudly powered by %s.', 'twentyten'), 'WordPress' ); ?>
That’s all. You have successfully removed WordPress footer credit links from Twenty Ten theme. Let me know if you need further assistance in customizing your WordPress footer information.
Take care, bye.
DO YOU NEED OUR HELP?Contact our experts, most of the time we assist our readers free of charge.
Those who found this page were searching for:
- how do i remove Proudly powered by WordPress twenty eleven
- twentyeleven change footer with child theme
- edit twenty eleven credit wordpress
- wordpress remove credits footer
- remove proudly powered by wordpress in twenty eleven
- twenty eleven customise footer
- wordpress remove proudly powered by wordpress twenty ten icon
- wordpress footer.php copright "Proudly powered"
- proudly powered by WordPress
- twenty eleven footer credits