Long ago, I published an article on WordPress security where I advised bloggers to remove the WordPress version from the blog header. So that hackers won’t be able to find the WordPress version and exploit its vulnerabilities.
Nowadays by default most of the themes remove the version information from the header. However, today I noticed that some WordPress themes; specially latest Twenty Eleven theme includes the information.
<meta name="generator" content="WordPress 3.2.1" />
To remove the information, go to
Appearance > Editor and choose the
header.php file and remove the following from the source code.
<meta name="generator" content="WordPress <?php bloginfo('version'); ?>" />
If you cannot find the line, just install WordPress Remove Version plugin and it will remove the version information automatically from your blog header and RSS feed.
Stay safe and happy blogging.
Jinnat Ul Hasan
DO YOU NEED OUR HELP?Contact our experts, most of the time we assist our readers free of charge.
Those who found this page were searching for:
- wordpress 3.2.1 delete versions
- remove meta name="generator" content="WordPress 3.2.1"
- wordpress twenty eleven +rss
- remove rss feed button wordpress 3.2.1
- remove wordpress generator
- Remove WordPress Number Version#q=Delete WordPress Version
- wordpress 3.2.1 + removing rss comment from header
- remove meta name generator fromm wordpress 3.2.1
- wp 3.2.1 exploit